Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Another cool tool - Voki

Here's another cool tool that I learned about at the summit... http://www.voki.com/
It is a service that allows you to make an animated version of yourself, with your own voice recorded. You can be realistic looking, a cartoon, an animal, whatever you want.

Here is a sample one I just made...



Get a Voki now!


I made 2 of them for my websites this morning. Check them out on ...

Madame Krause Wiki: http://madamespace.wikispaces.com/
Soleil's Smile Blog: http://soleilsmile.blogspot.com/

I'm thinking about having my French 5 students each create one for an introduction to their French epal. It may be the very first project I do with them.

Does anyone else have any ideas how this modern tool could be used in our language classes?

4 comments:

Profe Bergeron said...

Hi there! I think it's great you're doing all of this! Your woki looks cool! :-). I'm going to the High School this Friday (8/3). Maybe you'll be there! looking forward to talking to you!

Maria

Profe Bergeron said...

excuse me..voki! I think I too much of a Starwars fan..hehe

Dianne Krause said...

I will be in the HS tomorrow afternoon from 12:30-3:30, but I can't make it in Friday. I get my mac tomorrow! I get it early and get trained on it because I'm going to be a trainer on August 28th when the rest of you get them!

Lryales said...

Okay... This is just unbelievable! I am so excited. Talk about a perfect way to integrate language and culture. We can have our students be "virtual" tour guides to any place or about any topic they want! What a fun way to motivate students by allowing them to aquire and present information in so many new ways. The possiblities seem endless!